The Radiation Protection Authority of Zimbabwe is a statutory body established by the Radiation Protection Act [Chapter 15:15] of 2004 to protect people and the environment against the harmful effects of radiation. The use of radiation has benefits as well as effects. Therefore it is an international safety requirement that each country should establish infrastructure for radiation safety. The Radiation Protection Authority of Zimbabwe is committed to delivering the mandate with the highest consideration for all clients’ needs. We are committed to providing high quality services and products to all clients.
[table id=5 /]
The Radiation Protection Authority of Zimbabwe offers the following services:-
- Radiation safety guidance, information dissemination and advice
- Authorisation of practices and users
- Facility inspections
- Enforcement of regulatory requirements
- Occupational exposure monitoring for workers
- Environmental monitoring
- Emergency preparedness and response technical support
- Radiation safety training
- Nuclear security expert support
Service Commitments and Standards
Radiation Protection Authority of Zimbabwe is committed to high quality services. Our staff is contactable during business hours by telephone, mail and in person and will address requirements of the Act efficiently. We shall abide by set quality standards in service delivery and endeavour to deliver services within the timelines indicated below:-
[table id=4 /]
These timelines are applicable from the moment all the required information and documentation has been submitted RPAZ. Clients are encouraged to plan their applications well in advance and cooperate with RPAZ in order to minimize the time taken to deliver the required service(s).
In liaising with our clients, we shall endeavour to:-
- Identify ourselves and treat clients courteously
- Provide clear, accurate and timely information
- Inform of and explain decisions that affect our clients, including rights and obligations
- Inform and keep our clients updated if we cannot meet agreed timeframes
- Inform clients before commencing work if there is a fee for the service requested; provide an estimate of the overall fee.
- Collect, store, and use information with strict confidence.
- Refer clients to an appropriate organization if we are not able to provide the required service.
- Reply to routine correspondence within five working days of receipt
- Respond to more complex inquiries within ten working days of receipt
- Include our names and contact details in our correspondence
Accessibility of information
In line with the government’s commitment to deliver all appropriate Zimbabwean government services online, RPAZ shall ensure that applications can be made online, and have all important guidance documents and information on our website in a ready printable format.
RPAZ guarantees to acknowledge and respond to all written complaints as soon as they are received. Furthermore, we guarantee that response, suggestions, solutions, or progress reports will be provided as soon as possible but not exceeding 30 days from the date of receipt of the complaint.
In recognizing the diverse needs of our clients, RPAZ shall:
- Ensure public information is easily accessible,
- Provide guidance to clients so as to enhance their understating of regulatory requirements, guidance documents and procedures, and
- Work to improve access for those with particular needs.
RPAZ Obligations to Clients
- To protect people and the environment within the confines of the law.
- Carry out our duties professionally, diligently, courteously and in a transparent manner.
- To handle information with strict confidence and maintain privacy.
- To make timeous response to all communications.
Clients Obligations to RPAZ
In order to offer better service to all clients, clients are obliged to:-
- Meet regulatory requirements on time.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete information required by RPAZ.
- Treat RPAZ staff courteously.
- Operate within conditions provided on the licences.
- Clients have the right to efficient and timely service.
- Prompt response to queries.
- Clients have the right to make a complaint about a service received from RPAZ and expect that this complaint be investigated appropriately and in confidence.
- Clients have the right to appeal.
- Clients have the right to make suggestions and give criticism.
- Clients have the right to provide feedback.
Review of the Charter
This Clients Charter shall be reviewed on a regular basis in line with the management system review framework of the organization and in consultation with clients, stakeholders and staff.
We are interested in your views about our service and Charter. We encouraged you to provide suggestions on ways to improve our service through the suggestion box, our website and through email at email@example.com as well as cooperate by participating in surveys undertaken by RPAZ.