The Radiation Protection Authority of Zimbabwe has the following departments and sections, all dedicated to serving the best interests of our diverse clients:
- Develops and administers a system of notification of radiation related practices in Zimbabwe.
- Manages the national register of radiation sources.
- Issues authorizations for importing, exporting, using, storing, manufacturing, transporting and disposal of
nuclear material and radiation sources.
- Conducts pre-licensing inspections to verify compliance with licensing conditions.
- Conducts routine/scheduled inspections on facilities.
- Carries out random inspections to ensure total facility compliance.
- Monitors all occupationally exposed workers.
- Maintains the national dose records for all occupationally exposed workers.
- Issues out radiation monitoring badges to radiation workers for continual dose monitoring.
Environmental Monitoring and Waste Management
Human Resources and Administration
Corporate Affairs and Legal Services