This course is aimed at individuals appointed or planned for the role of Radiation Safety Officer or to assist in that role. Successful candidates will be certified and eligible for appointment as Radiation Safety Officers.
The objectives of the course are to:-
- Develop an understanding of radiation basics and principles of radiation protection
- Outline the legal and regulatory requirements for Radiation Safety Officers.
- Equip Radiation Safety Officers to be able to develop and implement radiation protection programmes for radiation safety in the workplace.
- Radiation basics
- Applications and benefits of radiation technology
- Biological effects
- Principles of radiation protection
- Requirements of the Radiation Protection Act [Chapter 15:15] and associated regulations
- Developing and implementing a radiation protection programme
- Emergency preparedness and response
Course duration: 5 Days
Date: 13-17 July, 2015
Course venue: Bulawayo (tba)
RPAZ will continue to protect people and the environment against harmful effects of radiation through:
- Effective regulatory processes
- Licensing of radiation users
- Inspection of all facilities using radiation and
- Monitoring all employees exposed to radiation in their day to day work